Spectrum Theater Classes for ages 10-17
Two River Theater has widened our reach by introducing two weeks of theater classes specifically designed for students on the autism spectrum. Led by teaching artists with extensive experience and supported by several assistants, our students improve interpersonal communication, verbal and body awareness, and self-confidence through the art of theater.
Classes will focus on movement activities and storytelling through theater games, imagination exercises, as well as exploring the work of William Shakespeare.
Summer 2017 classes are over, and if you'd like to inquire about possible future offerings, please call Amanda Espinoza, Education Assistant, at 732-345-1400 x1804 or SummerCamp@trtc.org
In the meantime, please join us for Five Relaxed Performances of various shows in Two River's 2017/18 season. A Relaxed Performance is designed to provide a welcoming and judgement-free theater experiences for people with autism spectrum disorders and other sensitivity issues or special needs.
For these productions, small adjustments are made such as:
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance.
- Sound will be kept at a comfortable level, especially for startling or loud sounds.
- Patrons are free to talk, move around, and leave their seats during the performance.
- Allowed use of iPads and other electronics for theapeutic uses.
- A designated quiet activity and relaxation area within the theater.
- Pre-visit materials for what to expect at the theater. Check the Audience Extras section for updates.
- Two River staff and volunteers will be trained to accomodate you families' needs.
We want everyone to feel welcome at Two River Theater. Relax and enjoy the show!
The following performances are designated Relax Performances:
Skeletons: A Day of the Dead Bedtime Story
October 14, 2017 at 4:00pm
Best for ages 8 and up
The Rainbow Fish
December 16, 2017 at 4:00pm
Best for ages 3 and up
El Coquí Espectacular and the Bottle of Doom
January 27, 2018 at 3:00pm
Best for ages 13 and up
A Little Shakespeare: The Comedy of Errors
March 10, 2018 at 2:00pm
Best for ages 9 and up
The Young King
April 21, 2018 at 4:00pm
Best for ages 8 and up
Tickets are available in person at 21 Bridge Avenue in Red Bank, by calling 732.345.1400
VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE THEATER