By bringing your students to one of our many productions this season, you will expose them to high quality, professional theater created by accomplished actors, writers, directors, and designers. In addition, the themes of our plays will inspire relevant and interesting discussions and study topics for your classrooms, after-school clubs, and groups. Every year, over 3750 students and teachers from area elementary, middle, and high schools see a show at Two River Theater.
Tickets are just $15* and include:
· Convenient 10am performances(unless otherwise noted)
· Curriculum Guides to help teachers integrate our work on stage to their work done in the classroom
· A post-show Q & A with the actors
· For $3 more per person, we offer a 9:15am Pre-Show Workshop to further engage students with the production they are about to see. (Not available for Skeletons, The Rainbow Fish, A Little Shakespeare: or The Young King)
* Tickets for Skeletons: A Day of the Dead Bedtime Storyand A Little Shakespeare: The Comedy of Errors are $12 each
Questions about student matinees?
Please contact Kristina Marinos at email@example.com OR 732.345.1400 x 1839.
No Seats Empty is an arts-in-education initiative targeting economically disadvantaged students. Students from eligible New Jersey districts receive all of the benefits of the student matinee series at no cost. Transportation to and from the theater is included if needed. Limited availability.
Schools qualify for the No Seats Empty programs if they meet one or more of the following requirements:
· School is designated as a Priority or Focus School by the NJ Department of Education. These schools are listed here:http://www.state.nj.us/education/reform/PFRschools/PriorityFocusSchools.pdf
· School is part of an Abbott District, as listed here: http://www.state.nj.us/education/archive/abbotts/web.htm
· NSLP Free and Reduced Lunch eligibility percentage of student population is higher than the NJ statewide average of 35.5%. Look up your school district’s percentage of Free and Reduced Lunch eligibility here: http://www.edlawcenter.org/research/data-research.html
· Other extenuating inequities caused by student SES or disaster recovery may be considered on an individual school basis. Schools that feel they may qualify based on these inequities are encouraged to apply.
No Seats Empty: Total Experience is a unique opportunity for selected schools to truly engage their students with professional theater. On-site at each school, Two River staff and teaching artists will lead curriculum-based workshops designed to deepen the students’ understanding of and engagement with the theater production, before and after they attend our student matinees.
The deadline for the 2017/18 season has passed. We are pleased to announce that the following schools have been selected for this program: Arts High School in Newark, Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School in Asbury Park, Neptune High School in Neptune, and Thomas Jefferson Arts Academy in Elizabeth. If you are interested in learning more about the application process for the 2018/19 season, please send an email of inquiry to Amanda Espinoza, firstname.lastname@example.org.